I’m not sure if it’s the hormones or what, but I’ve been feeling nasty towards blogging lately. I have been keeping up with everyone on my reader, and still commenting most of the time… but I’m getting more annoyed than I probably should be when, for example, I am always giving but never receiving comments from some people. What’s up with that?! Guess they don’t have time for me, don’t like me now that I’m pregnant (but that can’t be it because I see that they are still commenting on other pg blogs), or never did have any interest in my blog. Fine. But it hurts and I don’t like it. Then there’s the handful of bloggers who have posted some sort of negative reaction to the recent abundance of (surprise/natural) pregnancies…even indicating that we aren’t true infertiles if we happened to get lucky like this. I absolutely know that these women are hurting, and as I said in my pregnancy announcement post, I hate hate hate that my news might have caused additional pain or anger for anyone. But gimme a break! I know it’s hard… I cried a few times myself this past spring when there was a wave of BFPs. But I wouldn’t want to hurt the feelings of a newly pregnant woman who has fought like hell to get where she is (whether or not she has fought as long or as hard as me).
Ok. I’m done with my rant. I’m sorry if I have offended anyone. People have a right to blog about whatever feelings they are having, even if it is bitterness, sadness, and anger in response to each new pregnant blogger. Like I said, I’m feeling pretty crabby these days due to lots of nausea and extreme fatigue. I’m not looking for sympathy. I’m just thinking The Golden Rule would really apply well here. Do unto others and all that jazz.
Now, onto more important matters…
I’ve been wanting to do a GOOGLE SEARCH post for a while, but wanted to wait til I had a nice bunch of choice searches to share with you all. I think I’ve got ‘em. Enjoy!
(For those who don’t know what I’m talking about… Mom… the following is a list of words and/or phrases that people have plugged into their Google search engines that have led them to my blog. There must be a lot of people with a lot of time on their hands, cause I’d be willing to bet my blog link is NOT coming up anywhere near the top few pages on Google)
1. “My barren wife brings me grief.” (Ooooooh…So sorry to hear that, buddy. Now, have you considered the
possibility probability that you bring your wife grief as well? Probably all 5 of your wives, in fact. Chin up… you’ll get your strong male heir by one of them.)
2. “Funny kid with balloon” (Not sure if I’ve ever used the word “balloon” in my blog… but who doesn’t like a funny kid with a balloon? And who wouldn’t click on a blog link called “Infertile Firstmom” when searching for one?)
3. “Adopting a teenager” (Oh good God… bless you.)
4. “Touch bald head” (Ummm… no thanks. Unless it’s Riggo’s. But he won’t let just anyone touch it… so good luck with that.)
5. “Bearsharkalligator” (This person managed to combine all three of my worst nightmares in to one terrifying word. And it led them to my blog. Interesting.)
6. “Mountain of infertility I command you to be removed from my body” (Lemme know if this worked out for you. If so, I know a few women who’d like you to command their bodies to cooperate as well.)
7. “How looks sperm” (Hmmm, well, they’re these really teeny tiny tadpole-looking things…)
8. “Catheters creative display” (I’d like to see that display when you’re finished with it, if I may).
9. ”Scary broccoli” (Well…I’m sure it scares some people, but I don’t personally find it too intimidating. Beets on the other hand… yikes).
10. “Is a man with large buttocks infertile” (Hm. I’ve not heard of any sort of correlation there, but who knows!?)
11. “Random info to write down” (Wow. Bored, huh?)
12. “Except with all the words of friendship you are alone in facing the problems of life” (How very profound. And depressing).
13. “My first time with Mom” (I don’t want to know.)
14. “Great Auntie will smack my bum cheeks hard and will sting” (Well she doesn’t sound very nice!)
15. “Positive things about Infertility” (And this lead you to my blog how? Good luck with that search.)
16. “Is Kate infertile?” (Me? Yep. ’Fraid so. Not sure about your Kate, though. May want to ask her.)
17. “Dirty sock ritual for infertility” (Gross. But I still wanna know what it is and if it works).
18. “Your bitch loves me” (I bet she does! You sound so great!)
19. “They gone love me for my ambition” (I’m sure they will. But I’ll be straight with ya… they’ll love you more if you have some skill, too. And they may not love your spelling and grammar.)
20. “What should I buy to make me feel better about infertility?” (Ohhhh, hun… retail therapy is nice, but it’s only a very temporary fix. Unless you can buy a new set of ovaries… that might help.)